The bus has been running terribly when it first starts up – barely going at all, actually. For the most part, we haven’t been under 3500 meters in a month. It’s the cold, it’s the altitude. Well, today I decided to actually do something about it. I would either try to fix that broken choke or just open them up all the way.
Well, first of all, I found out that BOTH the chokes were broken. Same part, but different places. It took a while, but I figured out a way to essentially make a new part with some baling wire and RTV. It now starts right up on the first try. While I was at it, I fixed that damn throttle lever that was coming off all the time. It was too the point where I was stopping every 30 minutes to re-attach it.
Problem is, my carbs are now literally held together with baling wire. Note to the Solex/Kadron people: make components that don’t fall apart when you use them.