When it rains… work inside.
Due to a few minor leaks from the roof (luggage rack mounts), we had unsightly water stains in our ceiling panels. The horror! Besides all the other stains, scuffs and footprints, I wanted to make some changes to our lighting. So, new panels were on the list. Tracking down 5 x 5 ft, 3 mm Baltic Birch plywood was a challenge, but I found it. Twenty bucks a sheet – delivered. Cheaper than I found it originally in California.
Using the old panels as a pattern, I traced out the new ones. Cut, sanded, polyurethaned, sanded, polyurethaned, sanded, polyurethaned, and done. New panels.